Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

RNA World Scenario (chicken version)

RNA (Redundantly Nuked Apiary) World scenario for the origin of life on a life-less planet.

Begin with 10 ^ 12 chickens, recently deceased  (Colvin 2012). 

Italian parsley (freshly picked from roots.)
Oregano (dried leaves)
Place in 10 ^ 12 microwave ovens.*

* Helpful Preparation Tip: To save time, locate a planet on which chickens or chicken-like beings have been the dominant life-form, near a star about to go supernova.

Add two-day old brown rice and water. 

Cook 3 hours on "simmer." 

Wait for one or more Resurrecting Finite Miracle Workers (Martin 1991: 99) to show up, and work their magic. 

Open microwave ovens (or, emerge from fall-out shelter after peak radiation has passed).  Release reinvigorated and perhaps mutated zombie chickens, as applicable.  Feed them the rice.  Rub seasoning on own flesh to disguise self as inedible plant form.

Thus, atheism.  Q.E.D.

13 comments:

Rudy said...

When asked for more theology posts, I wasn't expecting *this*.

David B Marshall said...

No one was expecting this. Especially the chickens.

XAtheistX said...

I'm going out on a limb here and say that you don't know much (if anything) about abiogenesis do you?

David B Marshall said...

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't know much (if anything) about humor, do you?

XAtheistX said...

I have a good sense of humor. The problem is you're trying to spoof the RNA model of abiogenesis with this silly chicken story that isn't even remotely similar to the RNA model. Martin's "miracle workers" were not even used to address the origins issue but argue against Jesus's resurrection.

David B Marshall said...

You're being a bore. Try rebutting an argument, not a joke. It is enough that one person laughs at one of my jokes, and since I, at least, found this amusing, I am satisfied.

XAtheistX said...

I explain why your "joke" makes no sense and you get testy. LOL! OK then. What argument of yours would you like me to rebut? Your woman and Christianity argument? Your science and Christianity argument? Or maybe your OTF argument? Or you can choose.

XAtheistX said...

How about this. You can choose what you'd like me to tear into, I'll post it to my blog and you can respond on your blog.

David B Marshall said...

Who are you, and why should I care? So far, your tone hasn't really lived up to what we ask for here, and I haven't seen too much substance.

XAtheistX said...

LOL!!! Youre too much. I think I might have been far to optimistic believing you would be a serious challenger.

David B Marshall said...

No answer. Even for commentary on a joke about microwaved chickens, this is weak.

One more chance. I'm not being "testy," here, but I do insist on maintaining standards on this site. Identify yourself, and put up something more meaty than you have, so far, or kindly do take yourself a hike.

David B Marshall said...

And no one can say the OP was not "meaty."

XAtheistX said...

The only thing "meaty" about the OP are the chickens. I explained the issues with it in a previous comment.